Transcript for Country Music Star Reveals New Figure on Mag Cover
We'll turn to trisha yearwood. Country music star showing off, well, a gorgeous and now seriously slimmed down figure there on the cover of "people." She looks great. She looked great before. Twoer versions of great, diana perez on the skinny trisha yearwood. How she dropped the weight. ♪ How do I live without you ♪ Reporter: From her singing chops -- I'm equally known for my cooking. Reporter: -- To the chopping block, grammy award winner and chef trisha yearwood has dropped 30 pounds and is still dropping the weight. She's so happy the way she feels, added nursing home and enjoying eating right. Reporter: Struggling with her weight since grade school, the 48-year-old country singer opens up to "people." "I'm that girl who buys every magazine where somebody's lost 30 pounds but I guess a part of me didn't want to hear that it's just really hard work." Now she's created a strategy that works for her. I try to cook out my food and write a menu and designed a plan that's low fat, low sugar 90% of the time. The other 10% yearwood says she allows herself to indulge and meets up with her permanent fitness trainer three times a week and loves zumba. I have the strength I never had before and I feel like I can do anything. Trisha's atroech seems incredibly healthy and a really smart strategy to lose it for the long haul. ♪ Reporter: The country star declares she went from a tight size 14 to a smoking size 10 and her relationship with husband garth brooks is as good as ever. He makes me feel great no matter what the scales say. Revealing brooks had even benefited from her new healthy lifestyle. He's probably lost 20 pounds. The southern belle who cut her calorie intake to just 1200 calories a day also offers up healthy eating tips like swapping out potato chips for almonds and using smaller portions but says there's more road ahead. This is not some crazy fad diet. It's a lifelong change. I don't know what my goal weight is but I'm proud of myself. I'm really happy where I am. For "good morning america," daeda diana perez, abc news, new york.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.