- What Do These Weight Loss Terms Mean?
- What are Calories, Why Do They Matter?
- What is Metabolism, Can I Change It?
- Are Certain Body Shapes Healthier?
- Is Hunger Biological, Can I Control It?
- What are Fats, How Do They Affect Me?
- Are Some Types of Carbohydrate Better?
- What is Fiber, Can it Help With Weight?
- What is the Energy Density of Foods?
- What is BMI, How Important is it?
- What Is Volumetrics?
Keith Ayoob answers the question: 'What Do These Weight Loss Terms Mean?'
More Basic Nutrition stories...
Weight and Health Risks
- Overweight and Risk of Diabetes?
- Lack of Exercise and Diabetes Risk?
- Diabetes, Obesity And Heart Disease?
- Obesity And Osteoarthritis Risk?
- Does Obesity Cause Depression?
- Lack of Exercise and Breast Cancer Risk?
Dr. Ronald Goldberg answers the question: 'Does Being Overweight Increase Risk?'
More Weight and Health Risks stories...
- What Constitutes a Balanced Diet?
- What Is The Healthiest Diet?
- Effects of Carbs/Starches on Weight?
- Effects of Fats on Weight, Health?
- Differences Between Good Fat And Bad?
- How Do I Avoid Eating Trans Fat?
- Overall Percentage Of Fat In My Diet?
- What are Some Low-Fat Cooking Methods?
- Eggs And Heart Disease Risk?
- Effects of Protein on Weight, Health?
- Effects of Dairy on Weight, Health?
- Effects of Vegetables on Weight, Health?
- How Healthy Is A Vegetarian Diet?
- Frozen, Canned Fruits vs. Fresh Produce?
- Effects of Fruits on Weight, Health?
Dr. Hensrud answers the question: 'What Constitutes a Balanced Diet?'
More Eating Well stories...
- Do Some Diets Work Better Than Others?
- Difference Between Diet And Lifestyle?
- Is The Atkins Diet Effective?
- Do Low-Carb Diets Work?
- Is The South Beach Diet Effective?
- Does the Cabbage Soup Diet Work?
- Do Detox Diets Work?
- Does The Zone Diet Reduce Weight?
- How Does The DASH Reduce Weight?
- Is The Mediterranean Diet Effective?
- Will A Gluten-Free Diet Improve Health?
- What Is The Raw Food Diet?
- How Effective Is The Blood-Type Diet?
- Is A Liquid Diet Effective?
Dr. Eric Westman answers the question: 'Do Some Diets Work Better Than Others?'
More Fad Diets stories...
Weight Loss - Getting Started
- Realistic Weekly Weight Loss Goal?
- Weight Loss Differences in Men, Women?
- Best Way to Start Losing Weight?
- What Should Be My Ideal Weight?
- Consulting a Doctor About Weight Loss?
- Can I Get a Dietitian Through my Doctor?
- Best Way To Ensure Weight Loss?
- What Should I Look for on Food Labels?
- What Portion Sizes Are Right For Me?
- Will Cooking Smaller Portions Help?
- Are 'Low-Fat' Foods Really Low-Fat?
- Understanding Low- or No-Carb Labels?
- How Important is Monitoring Weight Loss?
- How do I Best Monitor my Weight Loss?
- Eating More Food to Lose Weight?
Leslie Bonci answers the question: 'Realistic Weekly Weight Loss Goal?'
More Weight Loss - Getting Started stories...
- How Should I Set my Fitness Goals?
- Tips On Beginning An Exercise Routine?
- Getting Doctor's Okay on a Fitness Plan?
- Medical Issues While Exercising?
- Tips On Keeping An Exercise Routine?
- Everyday Things To Do To Lose Weight?
- Can I Get Enough Exercise By Walking?
- Benefits Of Aerobic Exercise?
- Benefits of Strength Training?
- What Are Mind-Body Activities?
- What's the Best Time of Day to Exercise?
- Should I Exercise Before or After Meals?
- How Do Muscles And Bones Affect Weight?
- Best Exercises For Prevention?
- Aerobics, Weightlifting For Prevention?
Gerald Endress answers the question: 'How Should I Set my Fitness Goals? '
More Fitness stories...
Body Image and Motivation
- Psychological Issues And Weight Gain?
- Emotional Health And Weight Loss?
- How Do I Find A Weight Loss Therapist?
- How Does Mindfulness Assist Weight Loss?
- Tips On Improving My Body Image?
- Still Motivated to Lose Weight?
- How Do I Avoid Emotional Eating?
- Avoiding Nervous Snacking at Parties?
- Using Favorite Foods as Rewards?
- Can You Become Addicted to Food?
- How Does Lack of Sleep Affect Weight?
- Too Embarassed To Go To The Gym?
- Overcoming The Weight Loss Plateaus?
- What Do These Weight Loss Terms Mean?
- Are We Condemned To Our Weight For Life?
Dr. Martin Binks answers the question: 'Psychological Issues And Weight Gain?'
More Body Image and Motivation stories...
- Foods to Avoid When Maintaining Weight?
- Will I Ever Attain A Slender Figure?
- Eating Healthy Without Losing Weight?
- Maintaining a Healthy Diet on Vacation?
- Eating Healthy When Traveling for Work?
- What About Alcohol When Eating Out?
- Still Making Once-a-Week Fast Food Run?
- Dealing With Guilt After Weight Gain?
- How Can I Eat Healthy For Less Money?
Dr. David Katz answers the question: 'Foods to Avoid When Maintaining Weight?'
More Weight Maintenance stories...
- Forcing Kids to Eat Only Healthy Foods?
- Keeping Kids Away From Junk Food?
- Should A Child Have Weight Loss Goals?
- Will a Diet Lead to an Eating Disorder?
- Signs of an Eating Disorder in a Child?
- Discussing Weight Gain With a Child?
- Keep Kids' Junk Food Out of the House?
- Why is My Athletic Child Overweight?
- How Does BMI Differ For Children?
- How Do I Encourage My Child to Exercise?
- How Do I Get a Teenager to Exercise?
Keith Ayoob answers the question: 'Forcing Kids to Eat Only Healthy Foods?'
More Kids' Nutrition stories...
Tips for Weight Loss Supporters
- Telling a Loved One They Are Overweight?
- Telling a Relative Their Child is Heavy?
- A Loved One Refuses to Lose Weight?
- Helping a Loved One Lose Weight?
- Weight Loss in a Relationship?
- Helping a Partner with Weight Loss?
Dr. Binks answers the question: 'Telling a Loved One They Are Overweight?'
More Tips for Weight Loss Supporters stories...
Love, Sex and Relationships
- How Can We Energize Special Occasions?
- Setting a Loving Example for Children?
- Keys to a Successful Relationship?
- Could I Be Falling Out of Love?
- How Do I Improve Partner's Sex Skills?
- When Is Pornography Bad For a Couple?
- Long Work Hours Affecting Relationship?
- How Can We Romance On The Cheap?
- Should We Plan Sex or Be Spontaneous?
- Do We Need Couples Counseling?
- Tips on Improving Communication?
- Suggestions on How to Communicate Love?
- Getting Romantic Despite Kids, Bills?
- Mistakes in Understanding Women, Love?
- Mistakes in Understanding Men, Love?
Dr. Zoldbrod answers the question: 'How Can We Energize Special Occasions?'
More Love, Sex and Relationships stories...
Your Sex & Relationship Questions Answered
- What, Exactly, Is Sexual Desire?
- What is a 'Normal' Sexual Response?
- Why Do People Fall In, Out of Love?
- What's Limerance, How Long Does It Last?
- How Does Sex Response Change With Age?
- Age of Couple vs. Age of Relationship?
- How Does Menopause Affect Sexuality?
- Having Sex Despite Infertility Issues?
- Is a Long-Distance Relationship Okay?
- Dealing With Spouse's Promiscuous Past?
- Quick Proposal, Feelings Remain For Ex?
- Eight Years Without a Marriage Proposal?
Dr. Sheryl Kingsberg answers the question: 'What, Exactly, Is Sexual Desire?'
More Your Sex & Relationship Questions Answered stories...
Skin Care Over the Years
Sleep, Insomnia and Snoring
- What Is Sleep, How Much Do I Need?
- How Do My Sleep Needs Change As I Age?
- How Does Alcohol Affect Sleep?
- Planning Next Day's Schedule Before Bed?
- Daytime Strategies to Sleep Better?
- Pre-Bedtime Strategies to Sleep Better?
- When Should I Consider Sleeping Pills?
- Alternative Therapies to Help Me Sleep?
- Tips on Stopping Snorers From Snoring?
- What is Sleep Apnea, How Do I Treat It?
- Tingling Sensation Keeps Me Up at Night?
- Temporary Paralysis Before Waking Up?
Dr. Reena Mehra answers the question: 'What Is Sleep, How Much Do I Need?'
More Sleep, Insomnia and Snoring stories...
Stress and Fatigue
- What Is Stress?
- Can Stress Be Beneficial?
- Are There Good, Bad Types Of Stress?
- Why Do Some Feel 'Less Stressed'?
- Effects Of Stress On My Sex Life?
- Effects Of Stress On Getting Pregnant?
- Coping Skills To Deal With Stress?
- How To Think Differently About Stress?
- Time Management To Reduce Stress?
- Big Lifestyle Changes Due To Stress?
- Positive Mental Attitude And Stress?
- Using Exercise To Cope With Stress?
- Can Laughing Help Me Cope With Stress?
- Social Interaction For Stress Relief?
- Can Sex Help Me Cope With Stress?
Dr. Kim Lebowitz answers the question: 'What Is Stress?'
More Stress and Fatigue stories...