How deep is your love? Is it still steamy with you and your McDreamy? Is the thrill gone? Not sure anymore?
One couple quit their jobs and took off on a motorcycle-and-sidecar road trip, traveling 20,000 miles through 16 countries along the Pan American Highway, just to find out if their relationship was built to last.
There's no need to go to those lengths. ... Instead take this quick quiz right at your desk.
The Passionate Love Scale
Created in 1986 by psychologists Elaine C. Hatfield and Susan Sprecher, the Passionate Love Scale (PLS) was designed to measure the cognitive, emotional and behavioral components of passionate relationships.
Take the Quiz: How Passionate Is Your Relationship?
To take the PLS quiz, first think of the person you love most passionately right now. If you are not in love, please think of the last person you loved. And if you have never been in love, think of the person you came closest to caring for in that way.
Choose a number on a scale of 1 to 9 to describe the way you felt when your feelings were most intense. Choose (1) for "not at all true," and (9) for "definitely true," or choose some number in between. Add up your answers for a total score and find out where your feelings rate on the scale below.
1. I would feel deep despair if _____ left me.
2. Sometimes I feel I can't control my thoughts; they are obsessively on _____.
3. I feel happy when I am doing something to make _____ happy.
4. I would rather be with _____ than anyone else.
5. I'd get jealous if I thought _____ were falling in love with someone else.
6. I yearn to know all about _____.
7. I want _____ physically, emotionally, mentally.
8. I have an endless appetite for affection from _____.
9. For me, _____ is the perfect romantic partner.
10. I sense my body responding when _____ touches me.
11. _____ always seems to be on my mind. .
12. I want _____ to know me -- my thoughts, my fears, and my hopes.
Just a Few More Questions to Measure Your Passion
13. I eagerly look for signs indicating _____'s desire for me.
14. I possess a powerful attraction for _____.
15. I get extremely depressed when things don't go right in my relationship with _____.
Total Score: _______
• 106-135 points = Wildly, even recklessly, in love.
• 86-105 points = Passionate, but less intense.
• 66-85 points = Occasional bursts of passion.
• 45-65 points = Tepid, infrequent passion.
• 15-44 points = The thrill is gone.
Reprinted on ABCNews.com with the permission of Elaine Hatfield and Susan Sprecher.