On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and injured 260, the five major Boston sports teams decided to memorialize the heroism displayed a year ago with the same tweet.
Interested in ?Add as an interest to stay up to date on the latest news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
The Red Sox's executive vice president and chief operating officer Sam Kennedy said, “Today’s tweet from the five Boston sports teams was a reflection of the solidarity, resilience, and unity that occurred in our city in the wake of the tragic events of April 15, 2013."
"It was our small way of coming together with our sports peers and collectively remembering, supporting, and encouraging those in our community affected by last year’s senseless act," Kennedy said in a statement.
The organizations have each honored victims of the bombing in the last year with invitations to sporting events and visits, while several athletes and teams have contributed to the One Fund Boston, created by Governor Deval Patrick and and former Mayor Thomas M. Menino.
MLB's Boston Red Sox:
NFL's New England Patriots:
NBA's Boston Celtics:
NHL's Boston Bruins:
MLS' New England Revolution:
Mark Bollman, president and founder of Ball and Buck, called Boston, where his men's retail company is based, the "best" sports city in America.
"We share our best times and worst times with our teams and look to them for leadership. The marathon tested us all and it is great to see our leaders come together and represent the unity of the Boston community as we approach the anniversary of this terrible act. There is no question in my mind, we are Boston Strong," Bollman said.