The Toxic Mold and the Hidden Room:
A Homeowner's Nightmare

It's the nightmare that haunts every first-time home buyer, especially a young couple with a 2-year-old daughter about to purchase their first house: toxic mold. Jason and Kerri Brown were thrilled when they found a five-bedroom, two-bath house that was in foreclosure for $75,000 in Greenville, S.C., a cozy town in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, on Aug. 16, 2005. The next day, they started renovations on the fixer-upper and ordered new fixtures and furniture. Later that week,...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.