Today is Beyoncé’s birthday and unsurprisingly, the singer’s fans (known as the Bey-hive) have been out in full force.
#HappyBirthdayBeyonce trended on Twitter all morning and in the afternoon, #BeyDay began to trend as well. So in honor of Queen Bey’s 34th birthday, here are 34 reasons to celebrate pop’s fiercest female.
34. She is literally celebrating her birthday with a bang. Check out her new ‘do featuring some new bangs in this pic she posted Thursday.
33. She’s been in the game – and killing it – for 25 years now. Destiny’s Child was formed in 1990. (The group was originally called Girl’s Tyme, and included a few other members.)
32. Speaking of Destiny’s Child, let’s take a moment to celebrate some classic DC outfits. Like these ones.
31. Or these, which deserve a celebration of their own. #FringeForDays
30. And that time Beyoncé reunited all of Destiny’s children for her epic Super Bowl Halftime Show. Remember how they flew out of the floor? Epic.
29. Speaking of the Super Bowl, let’s relive the glory that was the 2013 Halftime Show. The stadium literally broke after her performance.
28. Beyoncé is a doting mom.
27. She kisses Blue Ivy.
26. She wears adorable matching swimsuits with her too:
25. She’s also an incredible wife.
24. Remember the On The Run Tour with her husband Jay-Z? #MarriageGoals.
23. Need proof?
22. And they’re KIND OF a successful couple. (Their combined income is reportedly $110.5 million.)
21. In summary, her whole family is pretty outstanding. As evidenced in this photo from her sister Solange’s wedding:
20. She is now a fashion icon.
19. The Met Gala has essentially turned into a “What is Beyoncé wearing” party. See?
18. And what about her Vogue shoot? GIMME A BREAK.
17. And for reference, this is what she looks like when she's not even trying:
16. She’s a supportive friend.
15. And let’s be real. She has some pretty cool friends. (Her social circle extends from the Obamas to Gwyneth Paltrow!)
Happy birthday to the one and only, Queen ??! Thank you for being a role model for young girls around the world, @Beyonce. -mo— The First Lady (@FLOTUS) September 4, 2015
14. And, yes, Kim Kardashian and North West:
13. She is also a supportive human being in general. She’s established her own charity BeyGood, and has spent a lot of time raising money and awareness for the relief fund in Haiti.
12. Here she is performing her song “I Was Here” at the United Nations World Humanitarian Day back in 2012. Beautiful vocals, beautiful message.
11. She is also the definition of a triple threat. Singing? Check. Dancing? Check. Acting? Check. (She was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress for her performance in "Dream Girls.")
10. Speaking of "Dream Girls," she delivered an epic performance that left Oprah speechless.
8. Let’s also pause to remember that time she dropped an entire VISUAL ALBUM OUT OF NOWHERE LIKE IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. Her self-titled album stunned the world just minutes before midnight on December 13th, 2013. It has been streamed over one billion times and went double platinum.
7. She’s also one of very few people who can rock any hairstyle – color, cut, whatever.
6. She inspires other musicians in the most amazing ways. Like this epic "Evolution of Beyoncé" video:
5. She also inspires non-musicians to be their best selves. This is a real Beyoncé quote:
"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world."
4. She is an advocate for feminism.
3. She did create one of the best music videos of all time. (Shout out Kanye.)
2. She has more in common with her stage persona, Sasha Fierce, than she'd like to believe.
1. She actually is "flawless."
Happy Birthday, Beyoncé.