No Charges Will Be Filed Against Harvey Weinstein

A woman had claimed the movie mogul groped her last month.

ByMICHAEL ROTHMAN and AARON KATERSKY
April 10, 2015, 4:42 PM
PHOTO: Producer Harvey Weinstein attends the Simon Wiesenthal Center 2015 National Tribute Dinner
Producer Harvey Weinstein attends the Simon Wiesenthal Center 2015 National Tribute Dinner at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., March 24, 2015.
Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images

— -- No charges will be filed against Harvey Weinstein in connection with the claims a model made last month about the movie executive, the Manhattan DA said today.

"This case was taken seriously from the outset, with a thorough investigation conducted by our Sex Crimes Unit. After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, a criminal charge is not supported," the New York District Attorney's office told ABC News on Friday.

Weinstein, 63, had claimed his innocence from the onset after a 22-year-old model claimed he groped her in his offices in New York last month.

"We are cooperating fully with the authorities and are confident that we will be fully vindicated," Weinstein's rep told ABC News in March.

After police looked into the matter, it was up to the Manhattan DA to decide whether to proceed with charges against the famed movie executive.

A call to Weinstein seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events