Drug Paraphernalia Found in Peaches Geldof's Home at Time of Death, Police Say

News comes after police said heroin likely played role in her death.

May 2, 2014 — -- Drug paraphernalia was found in the home of Peaches Geldof after her death, according to British authorities.

"Inaccurate reports have also been made suggesting that no drugs paraphernalia was found at the address, with suggestions that the scene had been ‘tampered’ with prior to police arrival," Kent Police spokesman Paul Fotheringham said in a news release Friday.

He added, "While no detail will be provided around specific items, to prevent further speculation I will confirm that contrary to rumor in the media my officers did seize drugs paraphernalia from the address on 7 April. The coroner has authorized the disclosure of this information."

Kent Police were investigating the supply of drugs to Geldof, officials said.

Read: Heroin 'Played a Role' in Peaches Geldof's Death: Officials

Police also cleared Geldof's husband, Thomas Cohen, of any involvement.

"I would like to make it clear that Thomas Cohen is not in any way under suspicion of any involvement in Peaches Geldof-Cohen’s death," the release said.

The new developments came after police said Thursday that heroin "likely played a role" in Geldof's death earlier this month.

After an initial post-mortem was inconclusive, "forensic samples were obtained and sent for examination with the results concluding there was recent use of heroin and that the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death," British authorities said Thursday.

Related: Peaches Geldof Dead at 25

Police added Thursday that Cohen, after staying at his parents' home for the weekend of April 3, found his wife's body at their home in Wrotham in Kent, England, on Monday, April 7.

Cohen had brought the couple's two children -- Astala, 2, and Phaedra, 1 -- with him for the weekend trip, but his father, Keith Cohen, brought Phaedra back to her mother that Sunday, April 6. Geldof's youngest child was in the home with her when she died.

Cohen went home that Monday after he "made repeated efforts to contact his wife but had no success." After finding his wife in a spare bedroom, police and paramedics arrived and she was pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.