Harrison Ford's son said the actor is of strong mind, body and spirit.
By EMILY SHAPIRO
March 8, 2015, 2:47 PM
• 4 min read
-- Harrison Ford is "on the mend" after crashing a World War II-era plane on a golf course near Santa Monica, California, last week.
His son Ben Ford tweeted Saturday, thanking fans for their concern and saying Ford, 72, has "the best care possible."
Ford's publicist, Ina Treciokas, has described the actor's injuries as non-life-threatening. He remained hospitalized Sunday.
Ford reported engine trouble shortly after taking off from the Santa Monica Municipal Airport on Thursday and asked for an immediate return, said National Transportation Safety Board investigator Patrick Jones. The tower then reported that the plane came up short of the runway, according to air traffic controller transmissions from LiveATC.net.