Nov. 26, 2010 — -- After months (well, it feels like years) of turmoil, it's shaping up to be an unexpected holiday weekend for the Gosselin gang.
Kate Gosselin spoke to "Entertainment Tonight's" Mary Hart about rumors that two of her children were expelled from school.
"Two of my children, no, are being tutored at home, with a teacher who is working closely with our kindergarten teachers in school, doing the identical curriculum," she said.
"The pressure was getting to them," she said. "The goal is to get them back into school as soon as possible."
The now-divorced star of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" also addressed rumors that her upcoming reality show on TLC, "Twist of Kate," has been cancelled, saying, "We're sort of still trying to shape it...So no, not canceled."
This week wasn't all damage control for the Gosselin's. A source close to Jon and Kate revealed that the two parents have amicably agreed to share custody of their brood this holiday weekend.
"Kate will have them on the holiday and Jon and Ellen will have them that weekend," the source told ABCNews.com.
Ellen is Ellen Ross, Jon's 24-year-old girlfriend. Things in that department are looking good too: The source said that Jon Gosselin and Ross will be "spending time with each others families" and doing "typical couple stuff" over the Thanksgiving holiday.
For the Gosselins, it's a welcome change of pace from the usual toil and trouble.
Just before the most food-centric holiday of the year, Kate Gosselin got slammed with reports that she's sending her kids to school with old, half-eaten sandwiches. Why? According to a source quoted in Us Weekly magazine, the "Kate Plus 8" star doesn't want to spend a lot of dough on bread.
Instead of throwing away the half-eaten sandwiches the kids bring home, she "repacks it for them in the next's day lunch," the source told Us Weekly. "The kids are stubborn, so sometimes the little kids have the same half-eaten sandwich in their lunch all week. ... Some of the little ones cry, and some get angry and fight."
Early this month, Jon Gosselin and Ross got into a feud with Taco Bell after Ross filed a complaint with the Tex-Mex chain asking that the company fire an employee who took photos of her at a drive-through in Lemoyne, Pa.
"Every employee inside was gathered at the window staring and talking loudly about us," Ross wrote in her complaint. "When we put the window back down to get our food, one employee (she had a wrap around her head) pulled out her cell phone and held it up to us to try and take a picture, while laughing at us. No one did or said anything to stop this. It was humiliating."
Loathe to have Ross' experience turned into a problem of Chalupa-size proportions, Taco Bell released a statement after the complaint appeared online.
"This appears to have been a misunderstanding that has been amplified in online reports," a Taco Bell spokesperson said in an email statement to ABCNews.com. "Our franchisee takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service, and immediately contacted the customer to resolve to her satisfaction."
Meanwhile, last month, Jon Gosselin, 33, twice took to Twitter to express his many reservations about everything from putting his eight children on television to battling publicly with Kate Gosselin, 35.
"I am acutely aware of the mistakes I made in 2009 and I am ashamed of the choices I made," Jon tweeted on Oct. 19, according to UsMagazine.com. (His Twitter account is private.) "I have apologized to Kate, my family, and to my friends. Through counseling I have learned to own my actions. My goal is to move forward in a positive direction."