If the actor, 28, successfully completes treatment for three months and does not get arrested again the charges will be dismissed, the court said. Thus, his sentence has been delayed for six months. Judge Diana Boyar ordered LaBeouf to undergo treatment at a facility called “The Hills.”
During the incident more than three months ago, LaBeouf stood up in the middle of the show "Cabaret" at Studio 54 while the performance was underway. Official records state the actor then started yelling at the performers.
He was asked to leave, but then, according to police reports, screamed at the security guard, "F*** you. This is f****** bulls***. Do you know my life? Do you know who the f*** I am? Do you know who I am?"
He was charged "for refusing to leave a theatrical performance when asked, for creating unreasonable noise and using obscene language outside of Studio 54, and for spitting at a police officer at the Midtown North police precinct," Assistant District Attorney Alyssa Russell said in court today.
LaBeouf has already been "voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction" since July, according to his rep.
"He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery," his rep, Melissa Kates, told ABC News earlier in the summer.
His court-ordered treatment at "The Hills" will be in addition to this voluntary treatment.
LaBeouf will have to appear in court again on Nov. 12 to prove his compliance with the judge's orders.