Black Forest Cake
A Semi-Homemade Seasonal Sweet
Reprinted with permission by Hoffman Media, LLC, www.semihomemademag.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, chocolate milk, oil, eggs, and cocoa until smooth. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
3. Spread cherry pie filling between layers. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate bar on High for 10 seconds or until slightly softened. Using a vegetable peeler, peel side of chocolate bar, forming about 15 curls. Using a cheese grater, grate remaining chocolate bar, forming shavings.
5. Gently press chocolate shavings onto sides of cake, forming a border halfway up cake. Top cake with chocolate curls and cherries. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
More Info: Kids Friendly