Bobby Flay's Garlic & Smoked Paprika Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Fennel Slaw and Serrano-Mint Sauce
A Light and Healthy Favorite From Bobby Flay
On his new web show, "Bobby Flay Fit," chef Bobby Flay serves up healthy dishes that don't sacrifice taste or flavor. Try these easy and flavorful chicken wraps for lunch or dinner to jumpstart your New Year.
For the Fennel Slaw:
1. Combine the cabbage, fennel and carrot in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until combined and salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified, whisk in honey to taste. Add the vinaigrette to the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving to allow flavors to meld.
For the Serrano-Mint Sauce:
Combine the mint, parley, Serrano, garlic, ginger, vinegar, splash of water, fish salt and honey in a blender and blend until smooth; season with honey to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld. Bring to room temperature before serving.
For the Chicken:
1. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Season top-side with paprika
2. Heat the oil in large nonstick sauté pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown, remove. Add the chicken to the pan, paprika side down and cook until a crust has formed, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue cooking until bottom is golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Remove to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Place a few slices of the chicken in the center of each lettuce leaf, drizzle with some of the Serrano mint sauce and top with fennel slaw...roll and eat...
This recipe was styled by chef Karen Pickus for Good Morning America.
Main Ingredients: chicken, paprika, fennel, carrots, vinegar, lettuce, garlic
Course: Dinner, Lunch