Transcript for Romantic Hot Air Balloon Ride Goes Terribly Wrong
Now to those startling seconds in a hot air balloon right after a couple get engaged and crash into live power lines and Mara schiavocampo has their story. Reporter: It was a romantic moment turned nearly deadly. Take a look at this hot air bloofrncrashes into live power lines with seven people on board. Steven Richardson had just proposed to his girlfriend brandy when the sparks flew in the most unexpected and horrifying way. When we actually hit the pilot told us to get down. We were all crouched down in the basket. Reporter: It happened in the skies above nobelsville, Indiana, the happy couple snapping these pictures just minutes before and during landing, chaos. First the blinding explosion of light. Moments later the hot air balloon billowing black smoke was crashing into this open field before catching fire. All we saw was sparks fall around us and the -- felt the spa sparks. Reporter: Incredibly nobody was hurt and the FAA is causing the crash and the hot air balloon company says it is under review. While balloon crashes are relatively rare, they do happen. Last spring NFL wide receiver Donte' Stallworth was hospitalized with serious burns after a hot air balloon carrying him and two others crashed into power lines above south Florida. Oh. Reporter: And dreams of a midair wedding turned into a nightmare for another couple last winter in San Diego. Oh. Reporter: Just after exchanging their vows their balloon crashed, hit a fence and skidded through some trees. Fortunately, the couple and 11 others in their wedding party were not hurt. As for Steven and brandy they say they don't consider the incident a bad omen and just hope crashing was reserved for the proposal and not the wedding. We've been together for 2 1/2 years and that's the worst thing that's happened so far, I think we're doing okay. Reporter: For "Good morning America," Mara schiavocampo, ABC news, New York.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.