Transcript for Warm Weather Stirs Up Brain-Eating Amoeba Warning
It'll happen in just a matter of weeks. Nine year old Kansas girl was dead from a rare bacterial infection after swimming in several -- How he just was an avid water skier never period -- waves and now. A federal sending a message competence to others who are thinking twice about going into the same -- where she might have gotten this. Deadly brain eating amoeba. You're more likely. To die from drowning than you are to ever from dying from this organism. Like -- one and a billion. The schools a wanted to billions. Some Kansas residents are proceeding cautiously -- officials figure out exactly where just got this. It's difficult to pinpoint if she -- at four bodies of water in -- Kansas before she got sick. Doctors say it's likely that she had ingested water -- -- nose allowing that bacteria to travel to her brain.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.