Who Are The Professionals Who Treat Anxiety Disorders?

Dr. Victoria Maizes answers the question: 'Who Treats Anxiety Disorders?'

— -- Question: Who are the professionals who treat anxiety disorders?

Answer: There are many different health care professionals who treat anxiety disorders. Often people will go to their primary care doctor -- whether that's a family physician, an internist, a pediatrician. Of course there are psychiatrists and psychologists, social workers, other kinds of therapists, and then people often seek help from priests and ministers, and other people to whom they turn for advice at stressful times.

Next: What Considerations Go Into Deciding Whether Treatment For An Anxiety Disorder Should Occur In A Hospital?

Previous: What Are The Most Common Treatments For Anxiety Disorders?