An Australian man is accused of allegedly stealing a bulldozer to attack a family that he had been ordered to stay away from, witnesses said.
"Investigators have been told a 48-year-old man allegedly drove a bulldozer over the top of vehicles parked in front of the house, and another that was parked at the side of the property," stated a police statement obtained by 9News.
The attack took place today in the town of Teralba, nearly 90 miles north of Sydney.
Footage of the scene shows the home is effectively flattened, with the bulldozer seen parked at the end of it's clear line of destruction.
According to 9News, 56-year-old Deborah Kerr, her 15- and 20-year-old daughters and her nephew were all inside when the incident started and police were called to the scene shortly after 7 a.m. local time.
"He picked the [bulldozer] bucket up and started to go for the house, we just ran straight out the front doors," Kerr told the station.
Police apprehended the man while he was still inside the vehicle. An officer was able to jump on board and hit an emergency break before using pepper spray to subdue the alleged suspect, 9News reports.
"You could tell he wasn’t going to stop at nothing," Kerr said.
The suspect's name has not been released but he is reportedly charged with violating a previous order to stay away from the family, destruction of property, and trespassing, 9News reports. He has not yet entered a plea but he is due in local court on Tuesday.