Sarah Ferguson Storms Off Interview Over Scandal Questioning
Scandal surrounding Ferguson's 'cash-for-access' sting has reemerged.
Aug. 12, 2011— -- The scandal surrounding Sarah Ferguson's 2010 News of the World "cash-for-access" sting has reemerged after she reportedly stormed out of an Australian television interview last week when a reporter tried to show her the notorious footage of her taking money from an undercover reporter.
A promotional spot for the controversial interview, taped for the "60 Minutes" program on Australia's Channel Nine, touts the segment as "the weirdest interview you will ever see" and asks "what sent Fergie completely off the rails?"
In the advertisement Ferguson is seen wagging her finger at reporter Michael Usher, rolling her eyes and saying "delete that bit."
In 2010, a reporter from the U.K.'s now shuttered News of the World tabloid ran a sting on the Duchess of York, where she was filmed offering access to her former husband Prince Andrew for £500,000 to the reporter who she thought was an Indian businessman.
Ferguson's manager John Scott has reportedly stated that the Duchess of York's statements in the upcoming "60 Minutes" interview are taken out of context and demanded that that they be edited out of the final broadcast of the interview. Scott lashed out at "60 Minutes" executive producer Hamish Thomson about the interview, which he refers to as an "ambush" and "entrapment."
"[Thomson] hasn't had the decency to get back to me. Nor has [Nine Network chief executive] David Gyngell, despite showing the Duchess in the worst possible light," Scott told British newspaper The Daily Telegraph.
"We had gone through all the questions and subject matter beforehand and filmed all the walking in the park footage before we sat down. She did walk out when she was ambushed -- no, it was entrapment -- but after cooling down she said to me, 'F*** them, let's do this', and she did, but it was a banal interview and her demeanor reflected that," Scott said.