A statement today from Ivana Trump appeared to refute the allegations in the deposition, which were revealed in a 1993 book, "The Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump."
"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald," she said in the statement today. "The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised 3 children that we love and are very proud of."
Ivana Trump had already walked back the rape allegation in 1993 as the book was about to be published.
Trump's special counsel, Michael Cohen, also fired back Monday denying the charge, telling the Daily Beast there was case law that stated clearly "you cannot rape a spouse."
In a follow-up statement, the Trump campaign distanced itself from Cohen’s remarks saying, "Mr. Trump didn't know of his [Cohen's] comments, but disagrees with them."
"Nobody speaks for Mr. Trump but Mr. Trump," a Trump campaign spokesperson said Monday night.
Cohen later clarified the statement he made to the Daily Beast. "As an attorney, husband and father there are many injustices that offend me but nothing more than charges of rape or racism. They hit me at my core," Cohen said. "Rarely am I surprised by the press, but the gall of this particular reporter to make such a reprehensible and false allegation against Mr. Trump truly stunned me. In my moment of shock and anger, I made an inarticulate comment -- which I do not believe -- and which I apologize for entirely."
Ivana has three children with Trump: Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric -- all of whom work with their father as part of the Trump Organization.
In a statement released this morning, Ivana said she has "nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president."