Bill Clinton acknowledged in the late 1990s that he had a sexual relationship with Flowers in the late 1970s, and in a tweet yesterday Trump appeared to threaten to bring her to the debate.
Watch the first presidential debate Monday at 9 p.m. ET. Full live coverage and analysis of the debate will begin on ABCNews.com/Live at 7 p.m. ET.
“If dopey Mark Cuban of failed Benefactor fame wants to sit in the front row, perhaps I will put Gennifer Flowers right alongside of him!” Trump tweeted on Saturday. Flowers reportedly told The New York Times in a text message, “Yes I will be there.”
But in separate Sunday show appearances today, both Conway and Trump’s running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, indicated there is no plan for Flowers to be at the debate.
“She has not been invited by the campaign,” Conway said on ABC News’ “This Week,” referring to Flowers. “She has a right to be there if somebody else gives her a ticket.”
Pence appeared to go a step further, asserting on “Fox News Sunday” that Flowers “will not be attending the debate.”
Earlier this week, Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign confirmed that they had invited Dallas Mavericks owner and Trump antagonist Mark Cuban to the debate at Hofstra University in New York.
Cuban endorsed Clinton in July, and a Clinton campaign aide told ABC News that he will have "one of the best seats we have available.”
Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook was asked in his appearance on "This Week" about the possibility of Flowers attending the debate.
Mook said the debate "is supposed to be about how the candidates are going to make a difference" in Americans' lives. "It’s a time for them to reveal their plans,” Mook told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos. “If this is what Donald Trump wants this debate to be about, that’s up to him.”
Mook added on Trump, "He's a reality TV star. He’s very experienced at providing television entertainment. The presidency is not about entertainment. It’s about serious decisions.”
ABC's Veronica Stracqualursi and Liz Kreutz contributed reporting.