Indiana man accused of posting Trump threats on Facebook

Federal charges are filed against a northwest Indiana man who authorities say threatened to shoot President Donald Trump in Facebook posts

HAMMOND, Ind. -- Federal charges have been filed against an Indiana man who authorities say threatened to shoot President Donald Trump in Facebook posts.

The indictment says 20-year-Steffon Gonzalez posted on March 28 that he was standing outside the presidents location with a bullet chambered to blow his head off. Trump had a .

Gonzalez lives in Hobart, about 145 miles (233 kilometers) southwest of Grand Rapids.

reports Gonzalez is charged with making threats against the president and obstruction of justice. The indictment was unsealed Wednesday. He was previously charged in Lake Superior Court with felony intimidation.

According to an affidavit, Gonzalez told agents his account was hacked and denied threatening the president. The affidavit also says officers found 9 mm rounds and gunpowder in Gonzalezs room. The affidavit says Gonzalez said he wasnt the only person with access to the room.

Information from: Post-Tribune,