Missing Teen's Last Phone Call Tracked to Ski Resort

Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was used on day she went missing, but not since.

Oct. 14, 2013— -- The last time the cellphone belonging to missing New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez was used was on the day she disappeared and it was about two miles from her home, investigators said today.

The call was tracked to a spot near Cranmore Mountain, a ski resort near the missing girl's Village Way home, said Major Kevin Jordan of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. It was the last call made from the girl's cell phone, he said.

"In my mind, this is still a missing person's case,'' Jordan told reporters last night at a news conference outside the Conway Police headquarters.

Over the weekend, dozens of law enforcement officials line-searched 5 miles of the rough wooded terrain – finding the remains of a missing hiker along with bones from another human – but no trace of Hernandez, a raven-haired track star at Kennett High School, officials said last night.

The missing girl's mother, Zenya Hernandez, pleaded for information about her daughter during a press conference on Saturday, which was Abi's 15th birthday. Through tears, the mom asked any of her friends to come forward with information about the disappearance or changes in her daughter's behavior.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

"We are still relying on tips,'' FBI Agent Kiernan Ramsey, a supervisor assigned to the New Hampshire field office said on day five of the search Sunday night. Ramsey said tips have come from as far away as Texas, but no none have panned out.

Zenya Hernandez told ABC News by phone Sunday that the community is "praying for Abi" and that "we need the prayers."

During the press conference, Hernandez delivered a direct message to her daughter saying: "Please come home. We miss you so badly."

The teen was last seen leaving her high school around 2:30 pm Wednesday. A police dog tracked her scent to her home, not far from the famed North Conway outlet mall, investigators said. Her cell phone has not been used since Wednesday night, officials said.