Two New Suspects Arrested in Dodger Stadium Beating

PHOTO: Two New Suspects Arrested in Dodger Stadium BeatingPlayABC News
WATCH Signs of Improvement for Beaten Dodger Fan

Santa Cruz paramedic Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who was brutally beaten into a coma outside Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles two months ago, is slowly recovering, his family reports.

"The nurse practitioner told us he had both eyes open, his right hand was either trying to give a thumbs up or hold up two fingers. ... He also closed his eyes and opened them on command ... and, when asked what his last name, he mouthed, 'Stow,'" read a post on the Stow family website.

The encouraging news of Stow's recovery comes as Los Angeles police announced the arrest of two new suspects in the beating. The men are being held on $500,000 bail each.

They were identified as Louie Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Norwood, 30, according to ABC News station KABC-TV in Los Angeles. Dorene Sanchez, 31, was also arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of being an accessory after the fact. She was held on $50,000 bail. She posted bail and was released Friday.

Louie Sanchez and Norwood, both of Rialto, Calif., were charged with one count each of mayhem, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury and battery with serious bodily injury, all of which are felonies.

In addition, Louie Sanchez was charged with two misdemeanor counts of battery stemming from a separate incident the same day. Both men allegedly personally inflicted great bodily injury on Stow, according to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office's complaint.

The complain alleges that Sanchez and Marvin "did unlawfully and maliciously deprive Bryan Stow of a member of the body and did disable, disfigure and render it useless and did cut and disable the tongue, and put out an eye and slit the nose, ear and lip of said person."

If convicted, Norwood faces a possible maximum eight-year state prison sentence and Sanchez faces a possible maximum of nine years, according to the district attorney's office.

In May, police arrested Giovanni Ramirez, 31, booked him for assault with a deadly weapon and held him on $1 million bail. He is no longer considered a suspect.

Stow, a 42-year-old father of two, suffered a fractured skull in the attack and had to be put into a medically induced coma.

Stow had road-tripped nearly 300 miles with friends from Santa Cruz, Calif., to Los Angeles to watch the San Francisco Giants play the Los Angeles Dodgers on March 31.

On the way back to his car following the Giants' loss, things took an ugly turn.

"Two guys came out of nowhere. Both of them pushed Bryan from behind, he never saw them coming and Bryan fell forward and hit his head on the concrete and was immediately knocked unconscious," said David Collins, the victim's brother-in-law.

Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg told reporters that the victim was one of three Giants fans attacked in the parking lot by two men in Dodger garb.

He said the attack was unprovoked.

The two suspects were last seen leaving the parking lot in a light or white four-door sedan driven by a woman believed to be wearing a white Dodgers jersey with the name of Andre Ethier and the number 16 on the back, police said.

Los Angeles County officials, along with contributions from both baseball teams, initially offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the pair. The reward has since grown to $250,000.

ABC News' Dean Schabner, Jessica Hopper, Ryan Creed and ABC News station KABC-TV contributed to this report.