By the Numbers: Biden’s lead heading into first debate

Former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Donald Trump in recent polls as they head into the first presidential debate of 2020.
1:10 | 09/30/20

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for By the Numbers: Biden’s lead heading into first debate
As we head into the first presidential debate of two point one it would take a look at where former vice president Joseph Biden and president trump now standing in the polls. By the numbers at the moment fighting has a 78%. Chance of winning the election while trump has a 22%. Chance of winning that's according to a simulation forecast by our partners at 538. But neither candidate is expected to win by a landslide Biden's chances that is 28% while trumps is less than 1%. Nationally Biden leaves come 54 to 44%. According to an ABC news Washington Post poll released on Sunday. And that really is mirrored in the crucial battleground state of Pennsylvania where 8% of voters who backed trump in 2016. Today announced support Friday that could. Could be enough to swing state the trump won by only 44292. Votes. Out of more than six million votes cast. Biden has a commanding 23 point lead among women and an eighteen point lead among suburban women in Pennsylvania. And in that same state the biggest shift is among college educated white voters who in 2016. Split evenly for Hillary Clinton Donald Trump and now support Biden over trumped by 61 to 38%.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:10","description":"Former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Donald Trump in recent polls as they head into the first presidential debate of 2020.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/US","id":"73325912","title":"By the Numbers: Biden’s lead heading into first debate","url":"/US/video/numbers-bidens-lead-heading-debate-73325912"}