Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
3. PANDEMIC WEIGHS HEAVILY ON MEDICAL FACILITIES U.S. hospitals are rushing to find beds for a coming flood of COVID-19 patients, opening older closed hospitals and re-purposing other medical buildings.
4. TRUMP'S QUANDARY: COMMERCE VS. LIFE The president’s desire to reopen the economy by Easter thrusts the administration into the delicate position of weighing the revival of commerce versus the value of American life.
5. G20 TO COORDINATE VIRUS RESPONSE Saudi Arabia will virtually chair leaders of the world's 20 most powerful economies to try and coordinate a response to the fast-spreading coronavirus.
6. ESTONIA’S DRUG WAR TAKES UNLIKELY TURN The shift in the Baltic nation from plant-based drugs, like heroin, to synthetic ones, like fentanyl, boosts unscrupulous chemists and helps cement China's role in the global narcotics trade.
7. ‘I'M HAPPY THAT HE HAS ACCEPTED THAT HE IS GUILTY’ The man who slaughtered 51 worshippers at two New Zealand mosques unexpectedly pleads guilty to all charges, sparring survivors and relatives of the victims of a trial.
8. HOW MARKETS REACTED TO STIMULUS BILL Global share prices and U.S. futures declined after the U.S. Senate passed a $2.2 trillion virus aid package and sent it to the House.
9. BALLPARKS REMAIN EMPTY ON 'OPENING DAY' Today was supposed to be Major League Baseball's opening day and it’s still unclear when the season might begin.
10. ‘HUMBLED AND HONORED’ Will Smith personally thanked Joyner Lucas in a video on social media after the rapper released a tribute song honoring Smith’s career work.