Trump reviews Obama speech: 'I watched ... but I fell asleep'

The former president lashed out at his successor, calling him by name and denouncing politics of bigotry and division.
2:20 | 09/07/18

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Trump reviews Obama speech: 'I watched ... but I fell asleep'
As I mentioned, frest Obama W hasta out of the spotlight sincehe election, took the very rare step today breaking precedent and takin at a sitting president, te, quote, crazy stuff coming out of this white house. Here's abc'sior national correspondent,ght. Reporter: It was an trinary break from tradition. A former president lashing O at his successor. Barack oba denouncing trump by name. It did not start with .he's just capitalizing on resentmentshat piticians have been fanning for years. Reportebama summod ghosts of charlottesville. President trump said there were very fine people on bothsides. Obama argd that bedrock American valuesequire a lot more thanthat. And we're sure aec used to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi symphizers. [ Applause how Har can that be? Saying that Nazis are B Reporter:ormer president also invoked the so-called quiet resistance within the T administrn. He claim thaerything will turn out okay because there E people inside the house who secretly aren't followine president'orders. That's not how oocracy is supposed to work esren't elected. They're not accountable. They're not D us a seby actively promoting 90% crazy S that's coming out this house, then saying, don't worry. We're preventing the other 10%. Reporter: One hour later,ing reviewrom presidt p,oingft Obama, something he has D startidency. I watched , but then I fell asleep. I found he's very good. Very goofor sleeping. All rht Terry usight from W bureau former presidentarack obam has kept quiet since leaving office, and this changes all of th. Iathe we'll see that. Reporter: Acrohe country, ghing tomorrowcalifornia. E country ll have the SP unprented of tw ts barnstorming the entries. "The times" were in To that pal

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"2:20","description":"The former president lashed out at his successor, calling him by name and denouncing politics of bigotry and division. ","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/WNT","id":"57682083","title":"Trump reviews Obama speech: 'I watched ... but I fell asleep'","url":"/WNT/video/trump-reviews-obama-speech-watched-fell-asleep-57682083"}