"GMA" #1 for Week of March 4th

GMA Notches Another Win One Week After Taking February Sweep for First Time in Two Decades

"GMA" Outperforms NBC's "Today" By +219,000 Demo Viewers and +885,000 Total Viewers for the Week

"GMA" Continues to Grow Year-to-Year and Season-to-Date in Total Viewers While "Today" Declines by Double-Digits

ABC News' "Good Morning America" scored its 5th straight week as the morning's No. 1 program in both Total Viewers (5.847 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.202 million), according to Nielsen Media Research for the week of March 4, 2013. This comes on the heels of "GMA" winning the February 2013 Sweep in both Total Viewers (5.669 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.130 million) marking its first February sweeps victory in 19 years in Total Viewers and in 20 years in Adults 25-54 - since February 1994 and February 1993, respectively. Additionally, GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! reached almost 23M users in February 2013. It is the #1 morning news website and beats Today.com by millions of users each month.

"GMA" outdelivered NBC's "Today" (4.962 million and 1.983 million, respectively) by +885,000 Total Viewers and 219,000 Adults 25-54. "GMA's" Total Viewer advantage represented its 3rd largest of the season, following the previous two weeks of back to back +1.0 million viewer margins over "Today." (+1.055 million on wo/o 2/18/13 and +1.021 million on w/o 2/25/13). In fact, in the past 3 weeks, "GMA" has turned in its 3 largest Total Viewer advantages over NBC's "Today Show" in nearly 19 years - since w/o 5/16/94.

The ABC morning newscast has ranked No. 1 in Total Viewers in all 23 weeks of the season and in 18 of 23 weeks in Adults 25-54. Further, "GMA" has ranked No. 1 every week in Total Viewers for more than six months (the last 29 weeks - since w/o 8/13/12 ) and in 34 of the last 36 (behind "Today" only during the 2 weeks of the Summer Olympics). Further, "GMA's" 29 consecutive weeks at No. 1 stand as its longest stretch in 20 years - since the 1992-93 season, w/o 11/9/92 - w/o 6/28/93. In Adults 25-54, "GMA" ranked No. 1 in 22 of the past 27 weeks.

For the 3rd week running, "GMA" grew from its year-ago numbers (5.121 million and 2.046 million, respectively, on w/o 3/4/12) in both Total Viewers (+14%) and Adults 25-54 (+8%). "GMA" has improved on its Total Viewer audience in all 23 weeks this season and in 18 of 23 in the key adult news demo. NBC's "Today" posted double-digits decreases year to year in both Nielsen measures (-11%/-19%).

Season to date "GMA" stands as the No. 1 morning news program in both Total Viewers and Adults 25-54. In fact, "GMA" is leading "Today" by its largest season margin in overall viewers (+596,000) in more than 21 years, and in the key adult news demo (+81,000) in 21 years - since at least the 1991-92 season and since the 1991-92 season, respectively; Nielsen's electronic database started on September of 1991.

Season to date "GMA" is up in both Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 25-54 (+3%) versus its year-ago averages, standing as the only morning newscast to grow in the key adult news demo (NBC's "Today" is down -14%/-21%, respectively; CBS' "This Morning" is mixed +8%/flat, respectively). "GMA" is seeing its largest overall season audience in 8 years and best Adult 25-54 performance in 4 years - since the 2004-05 and 2008-09 seasons, respectively.

For the week, "GMA" nearly doubled the performance of CBS' "This Morning" in Total Viewers (+97%) and Adults 25-54 (+95%) .

ABC 5,847,000 1.9/13; 2,202,000 4.3/15
NBC 4,962,000 1.7/11; 1,983,000 3.7/13
CBS 2,963,000 1.0/ 6; 1,130,000 2.3/ 8

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers and Adults 25-54 Live + SD weeks of 2/25/13, 2/18/13 & 2/27/12. Most Current - 2012-2013 Season (9/24/12 - 3/10/13) and 2011-2012 Season (9/19/11 - 3/4/12). All averages based on regular telecasts. (*Note: Due to coverage of Hurricane Sandy, w/o 10/29/12 was coded as a breakout and is excluded from the season count) .

Emmy Award-winning "GMA," featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Sam Champion, Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott, airs live Mon.-Fri. (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET) on ABC. Tom Cibrowski is senior executive producer.

- ABC -