Trent Arsenault's Fertility Smoothie Recipe
Women and couples wanting to conceive have increasingly turned to the growing online world of free sperm donation. Trent Arsenault, a 36-year old computer engineer, has been donating his sperm since 2006 and says he has fathered 14 children, including a set of twins. He posts pictures of himself and his offspring on his website.
To insure that Arsenault gives his recipients the healthiest and most potent product, he has a strict physical regimen and a diet that includes organic foods and his homemade "fertility smoothie" twice a day.
"It has all kinds of ingredients," he said. "Lots of anti-oxidants, amino acids, fructose …. which I think all play a part in improving sperm count and fertility and hopefully making healthy babies." Whether it helps or not, Arsenault, who is not a medical professional, claims to have had his sperm count tested and that it is "approximately four times higher than the average man."
Here is the recipe:
- Blueberries, organic (4.4 oz)
- Banana, organic (1 medium-size, peeled)
- Pineapple, fresh (one-tenth of a pineapple)
- Cherries, frozen or fresh (5 medium-size)
- Flax seed, organic, ground in coffee grinder (2 tbsp) or flax oil, organic (1 tsp)
- Almond milk, organic (3/4 cup)
- Cow milk, raw, organic, whole or skim (3/4 cup) or skim
- Cocoa powder, raw, organic (1/2 tbsp)
- Honey, raw, local, organic, and/or Manuka honey, organic (1/2 tsp total)
- Lemon juice, organic (1 medium-size lemon, squeezed)
- Vanilla bean powder, raw, organic (1/4 tsp)
- Kiwi, peeled, organic (1 medium-size)
- Cinnamon, raw, organic, ground (pinch)
Instructions: Blend for about 20 seconds in a regular blender. Fruits can be substituted when in season or locally available , such as blueberries with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc. Drink twice daily: once in the morning, before exercise, and once in the evening. Eat one hour before donating sperm to provide hydration and fructose for seminal fluid.
Learn more about Arsenault tonight on "20/20? at 10 p.m. ET and watch him make the smoothie below.