The government of Macedonia has reportedly previously denied any involvement in the alleged kidnapping and Wednesday Kostadin Bogdanov, a representative of the government, argued that the case was inadmissible anyway because El-Masri had waited far beyond the legal timeframe to bring his accusations against the government. He also said that El-Masri was "totally passive" and never attempted to contact the Macedonian authorities about the alleged crimes committed there in the years after his alleged ordeal.
James Goldston, executive director of the Open Society Justice Initiative, said that the delay was due the immense curtains of secrecy that had to be slowly lifted and said his client was assisting the various other European investigations.
"After eight years of official silence, deception, and impunity, the European Court of Human Rights today considered how an innocent man was abducted, tortured and disappeared for close to five months -- a grave mistake that Macedonia and the United States have yet to acknowledge, let alone redress," Goldston said in a statement Wednesday.
A judge for the European Court of Human Rights said he and his colleagues would deliberate on the case's admissibility and a date for the judgment would be announced later.
A spokesperson for the CIA told ABC News the Agency declined to comment on El-Masri's story -- something they've have been saying for nearly a decade now.