After rocking out today to adoring fans during her performance for the "Good Morning America" Summer Concert Series, teen actress and singer Selena Gomez talked backstage with Lara Spencer. During their chat, Gomez, 18, touched on topics such as dating, super powers and her backstage rituals.
Here are five topics she addressed:
1. Backstage Ritual: Before performing, she said, her backstage ritual is to "warm up, be by myself and drink tea."
2. Nickname: She is close enough to her fans that she knows they have a nickname for her: Sel.
3. Super Power: Known for her role in Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place," Gomez wishes her real life super power was flying. "It'd be so much easier than driving," she said.
4. Favorite Music Right Now: Always a big music fan, her favorite bands include Mumford & Sons and Bruno Mars; although Britney Spears is always a staple on her iPod.
5. The Perfect Date: Far from a diva, when romanced she likes "Simplicity ... things like dinner and candles and things that are sweet," she said.