Harrison Ford Has 'Successful' Surgery Following 'Star Wars' Injury

PHOTO: Actor Harrison Ford attends the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Oct. 21, 2013 in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Share
Copy

Harrison Ford is "doing well" after surgery for his injured leg following an accident last week on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII," his rep said today.

"Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident," his rep told ABC News in a statement. "His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."

Read: Harrison Ford Injured on 'Star Wars' Set, Taken to Hospital

Related: 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Announced: 'Girls' Star Adam Driver, Max Von Sydow and More

Ford was taken to a hospital in Oxford, England, after an accident at Pinewood studios while filming the latest installment of the "Star Wars" franchise.

Ford, 71, will be reprising his iconic role as Han Solo.

A statement from Disney said that "Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."

At the time of his injury, the Hollywood Reporter said that Ford was injured by the door of the Millennium Falcon, his character's ship from the original movies.

Thames Valley Police told ABC News that they were called to the local studio last Thursday "after receiving reports that a 71-year-old man had been injured. The incident was attended by officers and is believed to have been caused by a garage door. A 71-year-old man was airlifted to hospital with injuries, not believed to be life threatening."

Join the Discussion
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
You Might Also Like...