Kim Roberts, the second exotic dancer at the now-infamous Duke University lacrosse team party, is changing her story about what happened on the night of March 13, 2006.
This spring, three Duke lacrosse players -- David Evans, Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty -- were indicted on charges of rape, kidnapping and sexual offense after a student from nearby North Carolina Central University told police she was raped in a bathroom by three men at a lacrosse team party, where she had been hired as an exotic dancer.
From the beginning, there has been doubt as to whether the alleged victim gave Durham, N.C., prosecutors a straight story, and the latest interview with Roberts has raised more skepticism.
Just months ago, Roberts was considered the backbone of the prosecution's case against the three players.
"If the truth was on their side, why are they supporting it with lies?" Roberts said in April.
But in a "60 Minutes" interview to be broadcast this Sunday on CBS, Roberts dropped a bombshell: She no longer supports the alleged victim's story.
"Did she give you any reason to believe that she had been assaulted?" Ed Bradley asked Roberts.
"No," Roberts said. "She obviously wasn't hurt, because, you know, she was fine."
For the three players charged, Roberts' change of heart could hold the final key to their defense.
Already, two of the defendants say they weren't in the house when the alleged rape occurred.
For the first time, one of them is speaking out.
"Thirty years," Evans said. "I could go to jail for something that never happened, based on a lie."
DNA tests have reportedly failed to link the players to the alleged crime, but for now Durham District Attorney Mike Nifong says he will continue to press the case."The lack of scientific evidence is starting to pile up," said ABC News Consultant Joe Tacopina. "Now, when her friends are calling her a liar, there's really not much left for this prosecution."