• How companies like CitiGroup and Koch Industries promote their "plutocracies" at the expense of the rest of us. Part Three I've called Shady White Houses, starting with "Tricky Dick" Nixon and his astounding plan to bring peace to Vietnam by pretending to nuke the Soviet Union! You'll also learn about:
• How the Bush White House stole the presidential elections in 2000 and again in 2004.
• The Obama State Department's call for our own diplomats to spy on the United Nations.
• Whether "cybersecurity" could mean the end of the Internet as we know it.
Part four focuses in on a subject I've explored a great deal in recent years, and that's whether we've been told the truth about the terrible events of September 11, 2001.
• A think tank called the Project for a New American Century anticipating "a new Pearl Harbor" to promote its agenda for "Rebuilding America's Defenses."
• Clear warnings the Bush Administration ignored that something was coming.
• The "Stand Down" order that kept our military from responding on 9/11.
• Evidence that Building 7 was taken down by a controlled demolition.
• The role of insider stock trading in advance of 9/11.
And finally, part five examines the so-called "war on terror" and the terrible price we're paying in terms of our liberties and the lives being lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. You'll first read excerpts from a long memo by Bush's Justice Department that subverts the Constitution by shredding a number of civil rights, followed by Bush's justification for America's torture of "unlawful combatants." * The "Media Ground Rules" that keep the truth hidden at Guantanamo.
• The torture techniques, and medical experiments, being conducted there and the paper trail on the CIA's destruction of 92 torture videos.
• Decapitation of a detainee in Iraq, by our own troops!
• How the CIA "spins" the war in Afghanistan, and the fact that drugs are fueling that country's economy.
• The State Department's revelation that Saudi Arabia is actually "a critical source of terrorist funding."
•A report by the Rand Corporation showing that military force has never worked in combating terrorism.
Following the 63 documents, you'll find an Epilogue of Internet resources to use in your own pursuit of the truth about what's going on behind-the-scenes.
Here's what should concern us all: if you look back at the US Patriot Act that Congress passed almost unanimously in the wake of 9/11, the Bill of Rights was already in peril. Let me offer a brief outline of how things changed:
The First Amendment is about freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and the right to assemble. The Patriot Act says that the government is free to monitor religious and political institutions without any suspicion of criminal activity. The government can also prosecute librarians or the keepers of any other records (including journalists) related to a "terror investigation."
The Fourth Amendment speaks to our right to be secure "against unreasonable searches and seizures." The Patriot Act says the government can search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause.
The Sixth Amendment entitles anyone accused of a crime to "a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury." The Patriot Act says the government can jail Americans indefinitely without a trial.