American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. Good Morning America CARS 2 Sweepstakes Official Rules
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Eligibility: Good Morning America CARS 2 Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on June 3, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 am ET on June 15, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Step 1 – "Like" the Good Morning America Facebook Page
Navigate the internet to http://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica ("Website") and find the Wildfire application on the CARS 2 Sweepstakes tab on the GMA Page on Facebook. Click the "Like" button at the top of the page to unlock the entry form.
Step 2 - Entry Form
Complete the online entry form with your first and last name, daytime phone number, e-mail address, and date of birth.
Carefully read the Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR WIN A PRIZE.
Your Entry Information will together constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes ("Entry"). To submit your Entry, click the "Submit" button on the Sweepstakes Page. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
Limit one (1) entry per Facebook account for the duration of the sweepstakes. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries in this Sweepstakes by such person or from such e-mail address. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of entry or other artifice or device to enter more than once per day is prohibited and any entries submitted using such means will be voided. Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 am ET on Wednesday, June 15, 2011, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Infineon Raceway, Southwest Airlines Co., The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations), Administrator, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, supplying the prizes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
3. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1 winner): Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race weekend at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California (June 24-26, 2011). Prize includes two (2) weekend passes with reserved seats; two (2) Pre-Race Pit & Track Passes (allows access to Cold Pit Lane as well as stage-front access to pre-race ceremonies and driver introductions on Sunday morning); Preferred Access to a Jeff "Jeff Gorvette" Gordon Q&A session on Sunday morning on the track at Turn 11; Preferred parking; and an exclusive tour of Pixar Animation Studios and special access to Motorama, the studio's annual employee car show on June 24th and a CARS 2 movie prize package.
Prize also includes travel accommodations provided by Southwest Airlines Vacations (SWAV) that consists of roundtrip air fare for two (2) on Southwest Airlines® on scheduled service from the airport nearest the winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines to San Francisco, California (airport of departure to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion), four (4) nights stay in one (1) deluxe hotel room (double-occupancy), and use of a rental car for five (5) days. Car rental includes a compact (for 2 people) for four 24-hour increments. Qualified drivers must be at least 25 years of age, have valid drivers' license and have a major credit card in his/her name. If neither winner nor guest is at least 25 years of age, rental car portion of prize will be forfeited and winner/guest will be solely responsible for their ground transportation. If winner's residence is within 200 miles of San Francisco, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion, airfare will not be provided to the winner. ARV of Grand Prize: $2,800.00.
Items not included as part of the prize which are the sole responsibility of the winner include but are not limited to, the following: transportation between winner's home and airport nearest winner's home featuring Southwest Airlines Service; meals; travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; gas; incidental expenses; tips and gratuities; income taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Trip is for one (1) winner and one (1) guest of the winner's choosing. Minors under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or legal guardian, who must be the winner.
Trip must be taken between June 23-27, 2011. If potential winner is unavailable to travel on these dates for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries received for random drawing.
Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Trip elements may not be substituted and trips are non-commissionable.
First Prize (10 winners): Each winner will receive an Infineon Raceway merchandise prize pack (includes a shirt, hat, stickers and raceway information) plus the "CARS 2" CD soundtrack from Walt Disney Records. ARV of First Prize: $125.00 each.
Total retail value of all prizes is $4,050.00. All benefits and payments are personal to the winners and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PER PERSON/FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD.
Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure, airline ticket and airline availability and cost at time of purchase. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on specified itinerary and possess any identification or documentation required to travel. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and the Releasees (as hereinafter defined) shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize. Winners are not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Winners will be randomly selected on or about June 15, 2011 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return within 48 hours of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor, Disney or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If a potential winner does not reply to such notification within 24 hours, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to 3 attempts and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator is not signed and returned to Sponsor within 48 hours, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The guest of the Grand Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. First Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks of drawing. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or if a winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting winners from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.abcnews.com/gma. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Speedway Sonoma, LLC aka Infineon Raceway, Southwest Airlines Co., The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations), Administrator, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's sole discretion. Additionally, the winner agrees to sign all release forms required by the producers of Good Morning America.
6. Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes, (excluding any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded or the use thereof), or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Suppliers: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Infineon Raceway, The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations).
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Names of Prize Winners: For the names of the prize winners, available after June 27, 2011, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA CARS 2 Sweepstakes Winners, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after August 1, 2011 will not be honored.