Mustard and Coriander???Crusted Salmon with Watercress
Low-Cal, High Protein, Great Taste
Salmon has tremendous health benefits. It's high in protein and omega-3 essential fatty acids, which studies have proven to have heart-healthy benefits. According to the Mayo Clinic, omega-3 fatty acids also are believed to improve learning ability in children, lower blood pressure, reduce blood clotting, enhance immune function and improve arthritis symptoms.
1. Preheat the oven to 425??F.
2. Combine the coriander seeds, mustard seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes in a spice grinder, and coarsely grind.
3. Season the salmon fillet with salt and black pepper, and spread the 1 tablespoon mustard evenly over the fillet. Press the ground spices into the mustard.
4. Heat the 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the salmon fillet, mustard side down, and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon over, and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast the salmon for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the fillet to a cutting board.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Add the watercress and parsley, season with salt and black pepper, and toss to coat. Cut the salmon fillet into 4 pieces and serve with the salad.