Kids Shocked in Community Pool Caught on Camera

An electrical malfunction caused a community pool's railings to become electrified, injuring children.
2:15 | 05/22/14

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Kids Shocked in Community Pool Caught on Camera
7:43, with that frightening moment caught on camera. People in an electrified pool in Florida, getting shocked when they come in contact with the railing. A terrifying reminder as we head into the holiday weekend. And of course, summer. ABC's Matt Gutman has the story. Reporter: It's a harrowing video of an invisible Po penalty killer. A Florida pool suddenly becoming electrified. Watch as this girl touches the rail and immediately goes limp. A man believed to be her father, sees her. When he touches the railing, he is also zapped. Finally, he grabs her, yanking her out of the water. Look at the top of the screen. An adult, drops and rolls a child out of the pool. Look back at the railing, there's another young girl, a 5-year-old, seemingly lifeless in the water. The surge of electricity, paralyzing her muscles. A man bhooefed to be her grandfather dragging her limp body from the pool. I was in the pool, the metal railing. I was swimming close to it and I felt the shock. Reporter: The two young girls, one of them his sister, spent four days in the hospital. All of them survived. Forensic photos seem to show loose grounding wires in the pool pump believe to be the culpr culprit. The same type of shock killed Calder Sloan, just a few miles away. He never stopped doing everything. Reporter: That was at the family pool, where place say shoddy wiring may also have caused a deadly charge. According to the most recent figures from the consumer product safety commissions, from 2002 to 2011, 13 people died from shocks in swimming pools. That picture captured by condo security cameras. The building management would not comment. But experts tell us there are ways to spot this killer. If you see any of the stainless steel surfaces are corroded in any way, turn off the electricity in your pool and contact an electrician.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":23822795,"title":"Kids Shocked in Community Pool Caught on Camera","duration":"2:15","description":"An electrical malfunction caused a community pool's railings to become electrified, injuring children.","section":"GMA","mediaType":"Default"}