A coalition fighting ISIS has resumed operations at Turkish airbases following a weekend coup attempt in Turkey that led to a temporary lockdown at Incirlik air base.
"After close coordination with our Turkish allies, they have reopened their airspace to military aircraft," Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook told ABC News. "As a result, counter-ISIL coalition air operations at all air bases in Turkey have resumed."
Following the failed coup attempt, power was cut off to the air base and Turkey's government closed the airspace around the site. U.S. troops at Turkey’s Incirlik air base were put at the highest force-protection level, known as "condition Delta."
Cook told ABC News today that the base has been reopened even as Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's forces continue making arrests in the wake of the attacks. As of Saturday, about 6,000 peoplet have been detained so far.
"U.S. facilities at Incirlik are still operating on internal power sources, but we hope to restore commercial power soon," Cook said. "Base operations have not been affected."
Turkish officials told ABC News yesterday that they believed Turkish planes docked at Incirlik Air Base had taken part in Friday night's coup attempt, which is why the airspace was initially locked down.
Eleven Turkish soldiers from Incirlik, including the commander, General Bekir Ercan Van, were arrested for complicity in the attempted coup. One police officer was also arrested at the base.-
There are 2,200 U.S. personnel in Turkey, including 1,500 stationed at Incirlik.
A faction of the Turkish military took over state TV, imposed martial law and a curfew, and attacked the police headquarters in the capital of Ankara on Friday night.
The Turkish government declared the attempted military coup over Saturday morning.
About 265 civilians and 104 soldiers died in the failed coup attempt.
ABC News' Engin Bas contributed to this report.