If finding love in the new year is on your to-do list, then consider consulting these second-graders on how it's done.
Edward Scheinman tweeted out a how-to guide written by two second-grade girls who attend the school where his sister teaches 7- and 8-year-old Boston kids. His sister doesn't want her or the kids' identities revealed, but Scheinman said the incomplete guide was written in the 12 minutes of free time they had after finishing an assignment early.
Oh, if only adults could come up with the rules of love so quickly.
If the steps to falling in love are to be followed in order, then rings are a must before swimming together. But perhaps they're out of order, because "doing sex" comes before dancing and putting noses together.
And what on earth happens at step 7? And 9?
Here are the 24 steps to falling in love, according to two second-grade girls who'll need additional free time to finish:
1. First you stare at the person.
2. You get close to each other
3. You ask for a date.
4. You go in bed and do sex
5. When you kiss you suck and lick
6. Get nacked [sic] in bed and do more sex.
8. Go dance and put your noses together.
10. You go in bed forever Then kiss forever.
11. Take a shower together and kiss.
12. Give each other rings.
13. Go to the pool together.