Fatal Hospital Errors: Submit Your Questions Here

The tragic story of 3-week-old Alyssa Shinn — who passed away from an accidental overdose of zinc in a Las Vegas hospital — raises serious questions about hospital oversight.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time a hospital has made this type of mistake. In November, the newborn twins of actor Dennis Quaid and his wife, were given accidental overdoses of the blood thinner Heparin. While the babies survived, a similar mistake at an Indiana hospital killed three premature babies in 2006.

We want to hear from viewers like you — Please fill out the form below to submit your questions or comments to Portfolio magazine reporter and "Dangerous Doses" author, Katherine Eban.

Name:

City and State:

Phone Number:

E-mail Address:

Please ask your question here:

Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
You Might Also Like...