NOTABLE: CWA GOES ON OFFENSE. The Communications Workers of America is targeting two-dozen House Republicans in battleground congressional districts across the country over their "willingness to shut down the Federation Aviation Administration over a union-busting provision inserted into the House version of the multi-year FAA Reauthorization bill," the union said in a statement today. "CWA's 'Countdown to Shutdown' campaign is spending over half a million dollars on efforts to educate voters about the causes and consequences of the FAA shutdown. Included in this effort is the new direct mail effort, which will target over 600,000 voters in key battleground House districts."
@GOP12: New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez on Veep chatter: "very humbling"bit.ly/qAGI8j
@russellberman: #GOP leaders showcase freshmen proposals in jobs pushbit.ly/n8rIzF #tcot
@TPM: 5 things that killed Palin's presidential dream: tpm.ly/qSR03C
@chrislhayes: Our politics in a nutshell: bottom 95% of pop has stagnating or declining income, everyone's pissed off. businessinsider.com/us-household-i…
@KevinMaddenDC: thought same thing leaving house RT @nicklaus: Just got back from walking the dog. It's #football weather in DC this morning!!
(all times local)
* President Obama delivers remarks to the American Legion in Minneapolis, Minn.
*Mitt Romney delivers remarks at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Convention in San Antonio, Tex. at 10:20 a.m.
* Rick Santorum holds a media availability at the Republican Party of Pennsylvania's headquarters in Harrisburg, PA at 11 a.m. and will visit the Republican Party booth at the Centre County Grange Encampment and Fair at 3:45 p.m.
* Jon Huntsman fundraises in Oklahoma.
The Note Futures Calendar: http://abcn.ws/ZI9gV
* Get The Note delivered to your inbox every day.
* For breaking political news and analysis check out The Note blog: http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/and ABCNews.com/Politics: http://abcnews.com/politics