Your look at the five biggest and most buzz-worthy stories of the morning.
1. Celebrity Chef Paula Deen's Restaurant Closes
A wildly popular Georgia restaurant at the center of a lawsuit that left the reputation of famed Southern celebrity cook Paula Deen in shambles has reportedly closed.
2. Fort Hood General Cites 'Awful Lot of Heroism' During Shooting Rampage
The general in charge of Fort Hood said there was an "awful lot of heroism" during the shooting rampage by Spc. Ivan Lopez, and he cited a female military police officer and a chaplain for their actions.
3. Mom Succumbs to Cancer 6 Weeks After Giving Birth
Elizabeth Joice was only a few months pregnant when she received a devastating diagnosis, the cancer she thought had been eradicated years earlier had returned.
4. Storm System Stokes Midwest Tornado Fears
Thunderstorms were crawling across a large swath of the Midwest and South on Thursday, spawning suspected tornadoes in Missouri and Texas, and slamming several states with large hail and heavy rain that prompted a handful of water rescues.
5. 11 ‘Fitness Foods’ to Help You Get in Shape Faster
Take a look at some of the best "fitness foods," the research behind why they deserve a place on your training table, and simple, healthy ways to take advantage of their benefits.