What Should I Do If My Wallet Is Lost or Stolen?

Protect yourself from identity theft with these 9 steps.

January 30, 2013, 4:34 PM

  — -- You reach into your purse or pocket and it's gone. You've lost your wallet – or worse, it's been stolen.

Now what?

After you determine that the wallet is definitely gone and not just hiding in a couch cushion, there are some steps you must take quickly:

Equifax: (800) 525-6285 or www.equifax.comExperian: (888) 397-3742 or www.experian.comTransUnion: (800) 680-7289 or www.transunion.com

(Sources: FDIC, FTC, Social Security Administration)

Click Here for the ABC News Fixer Homepage.

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events