Katherine Jackson Says She Was Kept From Communicating While in Ariz.

Katherine Jackson details her 10-day absence in court documents.

ByABC News
August 3, 2012, 1:54 AM

Aug. 3, 2012— -- Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, claims she was kept from communicating with her grandchildren while she was on vacation in Arizona and unaware that she was reported missing until she overheard a TV report on her whereabouts, according to court documents.

In a statement submitted Thursday to a California court, Katherine Jackson, 82, says her phone was "taken away" and she was never informed that Michael Jackson's children – Prince, Paris and Blanket – were trying to reach her. "…At the time, I trusted the people I was with to be honest with me," Jackson said, according to court documents.

Jackson added, "One morning I woke up to the sound of the television. While there was no picture, I heard a broadcast that stated I was missing." Jackson also stated in the court documents that the phone and television in her room didn't work.

"Mrs. Jackson indeed needed a restful vacation, which she got," her lawyer, Perry Sanders, told ABC News. "The mere fact that she was unaware that there was chaos outside her quiet spa surroundings until she arrived back home and after her interview with the children who arranged the trip, is of no moment."

"Mrs. Jackson stands by her statement that none of her children had bad intentions, notwithstanding that certain of their actions created an unnecessarily dramatic situation," he said.

The court documents were released the same day a California judge reinstated Katherine's guardianship of Prince, Paris and Blanket. While Jackson was away a judge removed her temporarily as guardian and named her grandson, TJ Jackson, 34, as temporary caretaker of the late legend's children. TJ Jackson is the son of Tito Jackson.

In Thursday's hearing, Judge Mitchell Beckloff said an investigator visited Katherine's Calabasas, Calif. home last Friday and had a "glowing review" of how she's taking care of the children.

"I think the kids are in terrific hands, I really do," Beckloff said, adding "All the controversy you told me [last week] caused me concern, but I'm certain Mrs. Jackson is doing a terrific job."

Jackson had earlier said the court ruling that removed her as guardian "was based on a bunch of lies" and that she was "devastated" that her grandchildren were taken away from her.

When Jackson did return home on July 26, Prince Jackson tweeted a statement, saying, "Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to. I'm really angry and hurt."

Some of Jackson's statements in Thursday's court documents conflict with what she told ABC News in a televised statement on July 25th while in Arizona.

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone, and I didn't want to have any phone calls," Jackson told ABC News then of why her grandchildren couldn't reach her by telephone.

RELATED: Who Are the Players in the Jackson Family Feud?

Reading from a paper on July 25th with three of her children, Randy, Janet and Rebbie, seated next to her, Jackson also debunked rumors that she had been kidnapped.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped and held against my will," she said in the prepared statement. "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am fine.

"My children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will. It's very stupid for people to think that," she said. "There's a lot of lies that have been put out there and I am going home to straighten them out, and this kind of stuff doesn't make sense."