Michael Jackson Doc Conrad Murray Screamed for MJ Son Prince: Chef

Michael Jackson Doc after singer pronounced dead: 'I wanted him to make it.'

ByJim Avila, Bryan Lavietes, Kaitlyn Folmer and Jessica Hopper
September 29, 2011, 11:07 AM

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 29, 2011 — -- Michael Jackson's chef said that a frantic Dr. Conrad Murray ran halfway down the stairs of the singer's home on the day he died and ordered her to get Jackson's son, Prince.

Chef Kai Chase was the first person that a nervous Murray asked for help on the day Jackson died of a drug overdose. Murray, on trial for involuntary manslaughter, could face four years in prison if convicted.

Chase arrived to the Jackson home between 8 and 8:30 a.m. on June 25, 2009, the day Jackson died. Chase noticed a white bean soup that she'd made the day before and left for Jackson to eat after rehearsing for his grueling comeback tour dubbed "This Is It" was still in the fridge. A breakfast of almond and granola that she prepared for Jackson that morning was also never eaten. Murray, Jackson's personal physician, typically came down to bring Jackson's breakfast to him each day, she testified.

See Who's Who in the Michael Jackson Death Trial

Chase was preparing a turkey and cobb salad for Jackson to share with his children for lunch when a panicked Murray ran into the kitchen from Jackson's bedroom between 12:05 and 12:10 p.m.

"His energy was very nervous and frantic and he was shouting...get help, get security, get Prince," she said. "The children were playing in the den. I saw Prince and I went to go get him. I said hurry, Doctor Murray needs you, there maybe something wrong with your father."

Chase resumed preparing the salad but grew alarmed when Jackson's housekeepers began crying in the foyer of the house.

"I left my area came into the foyer...I saw the children there and the housekeepers. The children were crying and screaming," she said. "The next thing we did is we started hugging and we came together and we held hands …the energy in the house did not feel good. It is not the energy [that] I had always felt in this home."

The two older children, Paris and Prince, would eventually break away from the group and run to their father's bedroom where Murray was trying to revive Jackson's lifeless body.

Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris, screamed "Daddy" when she saw her father lying with his arms outstretched, his mouth open and his lifeless eyes looking at her, a Jackson bodyguard testified earlier today.

Alberto Alvarez, a Jackson bodyguard, was the first of Jackson's security team to reach Murray in Jackson's bedroom.

Murray told Alvarez that they needed to get Jackson to a hospital.

"I was reaching for my phone in my pocket and as I was doing that Prince and Paris [Jackson's kids] came behind me. ... Paris screamed 'Daddy,'" he said. "Dr. Conrad Murray said, 'Don't let them see their dad like this' … I preceded to turn around to the children and kind of ushered them out and said, 'Kids don't worry, we'll take care of it, everything's going to be OK."

Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter and could face four years in prison if convicted.

Jurors listened to audio from Alvarez's 911 call made at 12:20 p.m. June 25, 2009, when he said, "I need an ambulance as soon as possible, sir. ... We have a gentlemen here that needs help. He is not breathing, we are trying to pump him. ... We have a personal doctor here, but he is not responding to anything."

Alvarez said that prior to calling 911, he performed CPR on Jackson as Murray performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for the first time in his life.

"I recalled that after ... a few breaths that he [Conrad Murray] breathed into Mr. Jackson, he came up and he said this is the first time that I do mouth to mouth, but I have to, he's my friend," said Alberto Alvarez, a former bodyguard to Michael Jackson

After Jackson was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center and declared dead, Murray told Alvarez, "I wanted him to make it. I wanted him to make it."

Murray Asked Bodyguard to Dispose of Vials, IV Bag With Propofol

Alvarez testified that Murray asked him to help discard vials and an IV bag containing propofol before first responders arrived at the mansion.

"While I was standing at the foot of the bed, he [Conrad Murray] reached over and grabbed a handful of vials and said, 'Here, put these in a bag,'" Alvarez said.

Alvarez didn't question Murray's requests.

"I thought Conrad Murray had best intentions for Mr. Jackson," Alvarez said. "I thought we were packing, getting ready to go to the hospital."

The saline bag had a bottle in it and a "milky white substance," Alvarez said. The substance was propofol, the powerful anesthetic that was found in Jackson's system at the time he died. Murray administered the drug to Jackson to help him sleep.

Murray's lawyers contend that he only administered 25 mg of propofol to Jackson on the day he died. They argue that Jackson himself took a sedative and an additional dose of propofol without his doctor's knowledge that created a "perfect storm" that killed the king of pop.

Alvarez said that in the midst of calling 911, he and Murray moved Jackson's body to the floor from the bed. A long, clear tube hanging from the IV stand was still connected to Jackson's leg. Murray removed the tube, Alvarez said.

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events