When she woke up one morning and couldn't walk, she said she required intense physical therapy for six months. Then she entered rehab and got sober. Now, Goldman said she wants young people to know how addictive and dangerous Whip-Its can be, and she wants officials to take notice.
"They should not be accessible like they are," she said.
The grieving family of Melyssa Gastelum are also now committed to raising awareness about the dangers of nitrous oxide inhalation.
"Our parents did talk to us about marijuana, heroine, drinking and driving," said Melyssa's older sister, Alyssa Gastelum. "But there's so many things that you just don't know about… And it's not just teaching your kids right and wrong. It's teaching them about what can happen to them. How one decision can change their lives and their family's lives forever."
Demi Moore declined to discuss the story through her publicist.
Watch the full story on "Nightline" TONIGHT at 11:35 p.m. ET