Embattled "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen says he is 100 percent clean and plans to show up for work despite CBS's pulling the plug on this season's production of his hit comedy TV show because of his "statements, conduct and condition," the actor told "Good Morning America" yesterday via text messages.
The "Two and a Half Men" star continued his rant against show creator Chuck Lorre, whom he called a "clown" and "loser" in the text messages.
The source of the bitter feud is unclear, but Lorre accused the actor earlier this week of having reckless sex and a drug problem.
Sheen denied accusations that he is an anti-Semite after he referred to Lorre by his Hebrew name during a Thursday call-in to radio's "Alex Jones Show."
"It's nothing this side of deplorable that a certain Chaim Levine, yeah that's Chuck's [Lorre] last name, mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy bro," Sheen said.
"I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the [expletive] TV persona," Sheen told the celebrity website TMZ. .
"So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?" Sheen told 'GMA,' referring to his birth name.
"Two and a Half Men" had been on hiatus since January after Sheen entered rehab, and CBS announced Thursday night that it had canceled the rest of the season after the actor's scathing rant against Lorre. The "Two and a Half Men" franchise is valued at least a billion dollars.
After some speculation, HBO yesterday denied reports that Sheen is in talks for a big-money series with the cable network.
Sheen took to the airwaves Thursday to slam Lorre in a rambling, erratic interview on syndicated radio's "Alex Jones Show" as the actor left Los Angeles to spend some time in the Bahamas with his ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, his new girlfriend Natalie Kenly and porn star Bree Olson.
In the interview, Sheen said Mueller left the vacation early, and he wished her well in her travels, adding, with sarcasm, that his ex-wife is "going to need it, badly."
He also offered a message for the other women in his life: "I have real fame, they have nothing. They have zero. They have that night. And I will forget about them as the last image of them exits my beautiful home."
After the interview, CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television released a statement that reads, "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of "Two and a Half Men" for the remainder of the season."
Sheen addressed the suspension of the show Thursday night in an open letter obtained by TMZ.
"What does this say about [anti-Semitic term referring to Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me," Sheen wrote. "I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows.
"I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth.
"I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels, especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly, I have defeated this earthworm with my words; imagine what I would have done with my fire-breathing fists.
"I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong."