His latest turn as Solo came in the recent blockbuster film “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
Ford, 73, told ABC News’ Nick Watt that playing Solo again was “a wonderful experience” and said the latest “Star Wars” script provided “new opportunities.”
He added: “The new characters were very intriguing and surprising to me. And I thought it was a really, really good script.”
Asked whether Han Solo would appear in a future “Star Wars” film, he replied: “We can't talk about that. I'm so sorry.”
Ford did reference a pivotal scene in the film that involves Solo's son.
“He's a naughty boy,” Ford said of Solo's son in that scene, later adding: “It felt like every other scene feels, a responsibility to carry a bit of story forward for the audience to give it -- to use emotion to develop the story and to focus it. It's my job. I love it.”
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” will be available for download on April 1.
Watt also asked Ford how he felt about coming back as Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr., the archaeologist-action hero around whom four blockbuster films have been made.
“I'm looking forward to it, looking forward to working with Steven [Spielberg] again, playing the character again. It's -- you know, it's a rich broth. I've always enjoyed it,” Ford said.
The Walt Disney Co. announced earlier this month that the fifth film in the series would open July 19, 2019.
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is produced by Lucasfilm, a subsidiary of Disney, which is the parent company of ABC News.