More Kate Middleton Topless Photos Reportedly Published

PHOTO: Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge are seen as they transit through Brisbane Airport at the end of their tour of South East Asia and the Pacific, Sept. 19, 2012, in Brisbane, Australia.
Share
Copy

A Swedish magazine reportedly today became the fourth outlet to publish topless photos of Kate Middleton's sunbathing while on vacation and it appears a fifth publication will follow suit by week's end.

The unauthorized photos of Middleton, 30, went on newsstands in Sweden's Se & Hor celebrity magazine today while 60 to70 of the photos will appear in a 16-page spread in the magazine's sister publication, Se & Hoer, in Denmark Thursday, according to The Associated Press.

The additional publication of the photos comes a day after the royal family scored what appeared to be a legal victory in blocking the photos when a French court ordered the French gossip magazine Closer, the magazine that first published the photos last week, to turn over all digital copies of photos of the duchess by noon today and not to print the photos further, or face a $12,000 fine each time it defies the ruling.

READ MORE: French Court Blocks Kate Middleton Topless Photos

The ruling only applied to Closer in France, however, not to the two new Scandinavian outlets and not to the Irish Daily Star, the second outlet to publish the photos, or the Italian magazine, Chi, that, on Monday, published a 26-page photo spread.

The chief editor of Se & Hoer in Denmark said the magazine chose the 60 to 70 photos it will publish from 240 pictures it was offered, the AP reported.

PHOTOS: The Life and Times of Kate Middleton

The mystery still remains as to who took the photos and how they were obtained. Kim Henningsen, the Se & Hoer editor, declined to say who his weekly purchased the photos from or how much money it paid.

Police in France, at the request of the royal family, have opened a criminal investigation into whether the photos were an invasion of privacy.

The photos were taken while Middleton and husband Prince William stayed at a private, secluded chateau in the south of France prior to the start of their Far East tour to celebrate the queen's Diamond Jubilee.

The royal couple were sharing a "healthy and profoundly intimate" moment when the photos were taken, their lawyer, Aurelien Hamelle, said in court Monday. The situation was "deeply personal."

"It's not an accessible [view] from the exterior," Hamelle said of the site, a point contested by Closer's lawyer Delphine Pando, who said the site is visible from a nearby road.

Marie-Christine Daubigney, assistant prosecutor for the Nanterre court, outside Paris, told the AP today that she has ordered investigators to speak with some Closer employees, including the author of the article that accompanied the photos. She denied reports, however, that police had raided the magazine's French headquarters.

The newest leg of the scandal broke as the royal couple began their return trip home to the United Kingdom after a whirlwind tour through Asia that saw them traveling from Singapore to Malaysia, the Solomon Islands and, finally, Tuvalu.

READ MORE: Kate Middleton Marks a First as a Royal

Middleton and William, who have remained mum on the photos while letting their lawyers do their talking, departed from Tuvalu on a commercial flight today bound for the U.K. They were spotted during a brief layover in Brisbane, Australia, followed, as always, by TV crews, paparazzi and fans as they made their way to the Singapore Airlines VIP lounge for the wait.

Page
  • 1
  • |
  • 2
Join the Discussion
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
You Might Also Like...