Following reports that his wife Sandra Bullock has left him because of an alleged affair, Jesse James has released a statement to ABC News in which he expressed remorse and asked for forgiveness.
"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded," James wrote. "Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment. There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them."
"I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them," James concluded. "I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
Less than two weeks after taking home the best actress Oscar for her role in "The Blind Side," People magazine reported that Sandra Bullock moved out of the Southern California home she shared with James just days before tabloid reports surfaced that they are having marital troubles.
People reports that Bullock left on Monday. She also abruptly pulled out of the London premiere for "Blind Side."
In a statement released to People on Wednesday, Bullock wrote, "Due to unforeseen personal reasons, a trip abroad to support 'The Blindside' has been deemed impossible at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued support of the film."
Bullock rep did not respond to requests for comment.
According to an article in In Touch magazine, a model who had hoped to work for James' company, West Coast Choppers, alleges that she had an affair with James, much of which occurred while Bullock, 45, was filming "The Blind Side."
James, 40, was visibly emotional during Bullock's Oscar speech, wiping away tears and later telling the press how "proud" he was of his wife.
The rumors of infidelity come just a few months after James won his custody battle with his porn star ex-wife, Janine Lindemulder.
Bullock and James, who have been married nearly five years, were awarded custody of James' 5-year-old daughter, Sunny.
Court papers say Lindemulder, Sunny's mother, can now visit her daughter only during daytime hours.
It's a bittersweet end to James and Bullock's battle. Last month, the star of the Spike TV series "Jesse James Is a Dead Man" finally spoke out about the months-long bitter custody dispute.
"Sandra Bullock is not a party to this litigation," James' attorney, Marilyn Slifman, said in a statement to People magazine in November. "Mr. James' sole concern is for the safety, welfare and best interests of his daughter. The proper forum to resolve this case is in the courtroom."
Slifman called Lindemulder's claims about the custody battle, made on "Good Morning America," "inaccurate and unfortunate."
"It hurts tremendously, the accusations, especially from Sandra," Lindemulder said on "GMA" in her first interview about the case. "Even more so because we've never sat down and talked. You know, that's the one thing that I wish more than anything, for a remedy for what's happening here, is just communication."
Bullock, the perpetual girl-next-door actress famous for films including "The Proposal" and "Miss Congeniality," has been helping her husband raise Sunny since January, when Lindemulder was in prison for tax evasion.