To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Eligibility: The "Captain America Premiere" Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on July 12, 2011 and ends 3:00:00 pm ET on July 14, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Step 1 – "Like" the official Good Morning America Facebook Page
Navigate the Internet to http://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica ("Website") and find the Wildfire application on the Captain America Premiere Sweepstakes tab on the official Good Morning America Page on Facebook. Click the "Like" button at the top of the page to unlock the entry form.
Step 2 - Entry Form
Complete the online entry form with your first and last name, daytime phone number where you can be reached between 3:00:00 pm ET and 5:00:00 p.m. ET (if selected as the potential prize winner), e-mail address, and date of birth.
Carefully read the Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR WIN THE PRIZE.
To submit your Entry, click the "Submit" button on the Sweepstakes Page. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such entry.
Limit one (1) entry per Facebook account. Multiple entries will result in disqualification of all entries in this Sweepstakes by such person or from such e-mail address. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of entry or other artifice or device to enter more than once is prohibited and any entries submitted using such means will be voided. Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries must be received by 3:00:00 pm ET on Thursday, July 14, 2011, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("Sponsor" or "ABC"), Paramount Pictures Corporation ("Prize Supplier"), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. ("Administrator"), or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, supplying the prize (or any component of the prize), persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
3. Grand Prize (1 winner): Winner will receive a 3-day2-night trip for four (4) to Los Angeles, California to attend the World Premiere of CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE FIRST AVENGER on Tuesday, July 19, 2011.
Trip includes roundtrip air travel for four (4) from a major airport nearest the winner's residence to Los Angeles, California (airport of departure to be selected by Administrator in its sole discretion), two (2) nights' stay in one (1) deluxe hotel room (quadruple occupancy), roundtrip ground transportation to/from Los Angeles area airport/hotel, and four (4) tickets to the World Premiere of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, California. If winner's residence is within 200 miles of Los Angeles, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air travel.
Items not included as part of the prize, which are the sole responsibility of the winner, include but are not limited to the following: transportation between winner's home and the major airport selected by Administrator as the departure airport; meals; travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips and gratuities; income taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Trip is for one (1) winner and up to three (3) guests of the winner's choosing. If winner has fewer than three (3) guests accompany him/her on the trip, prize will be awarded in increments only for actual number of travelers but winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction therewith. Minors under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or legal guardian who will count as one of the winner's three (3) allotted guests, unless the minor's parent/legal guardian is the prize winner.
Trip must be taken July 18-20, 2011. If winner is unavailable to travel on these dates for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries received for random drawing.
Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Trip elements may not be substituted and trips are non-commissionable.
The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize trip is $4,000.00. All benefits and payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable.
Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure, airline ticket and airline availability and cost at time of purchase; winner will not receive the cash difference between estimated retail value and actual final value of prize. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary and possess any identification or documentation required to travel. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Prize Supplier's approval (which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion). Any portion of the prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the prize.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Winner will be randomly selected on July 14, 2011 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be contacted by telephone between 3:00-5:00 pm ET on July 14, 2011. If potential winner does not answer the telephone call during Administrator's initial (and perhaps only) attempt, potential winner will be disqualified (for the avoidance of doubt, a message will not be left if potential winner cannot be reached) and an alternate potential winner will be contacted using this same procedure until a potential winner is reached who confirms his/her eligibility as well as his/her availability to travel to attend the CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE FIRST AVENGER Premiere in Los Angeles, California on July 19, 2011. Once potential winner's eligibility and availability to travel has been preliminarily confirmed via telephone, he/she will be required to sign and return within 24 hours of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Administrator. An electronic signature by winner shall have the same legal force and effect as the actual physical document containing winner's signature in ink. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities and their designees the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If potential winner does not reply to such notification within 24 hours and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Administrator is not signed and returned to Administrator within 24 hours, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The guests of the winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), within the same time frame as winner. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason the prize is not claimed or if a potential winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.abcnews.com/gma. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Prize Supplier, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Supplier, Administrator, Producer, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to prize, including without limitation, to the prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor, Producer, Prize Supplier and their licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor, Producer and Prize Supplier shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's and/or Producer's and/or Prize Supplier's sole discretion (as applicable).
6. Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes, (excluding any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize or the use thereof), or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) waive any right to seek or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief, and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor, Prize Supplier and Administrator in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Supplier: Paramount Pictures Corporation, 1515 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10014.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Name of Prize Winner: For the name of the prize winner, available after July 18, 2011, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA Captain America Premiere Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after August 31, 2011 will not be honored.